Find out how we can help your business:
Health & Safety Support Packages
Choose one of our Support Packages and we at Work Safe Scotland will act as your Competent Person ensuring you fulfil your legal requirement.
If you do not need on-going support because you manage this in-house but do require the occasional support then we offer the following services.
Workplace Training Courses
Accredited Training Courses at your place of work including: Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Manual Handling, COSHH, Fire Safety and First Aid
Work Safe Scotland specialise in Health and Safety in Fife
Work Safe Scotland Ltd provides a wide range of health and safety services to businesses in many different sectors, across Scotland.
We work to deliver the health and safety Fife businesses need to work compliantly and legally. Every one of or Fife business clients receives a fully bespoke service, as no two businesses are the same and even businesses in the same sector have different healthy and safety requirements. We work to ensure you have health and safety fully implemented in your Fife business.
Your Fife Health and Safety Solutions
The health and safety Fife businesses require does differ from company to company. In higher risk industries, there are more stringent and strict requirements and not all health and safety legislation is applicable to all businesses. Whatever business you’re in, we take you through the same process to deliver your bespoke solution:
Understand: with your input and expectations in mind we use our experience and industry knowledge to understand your business and its health and safety requirements.
Deliver solutions: whether you need a fully outsourced health and safety body working on your behalf or a small package of courses and training, we will put together the solution which you need for your business.
Work together: we don’t want to interrupt your business activities but we will ensure you are kept fully aware and have a full understanding of what is being put in place.
Health and Safety Fife Packages
No two businesses are the same and this is one of the key drivers behind the flexible approach offered at Work Safe Scotland Ltd. Your Fife business will have different requirements to those even in the same industry so we offer a flexible range of health and safety packages which ensures that you can find something to suit your needs.
We offer the full outsourced service where we act as your health and safety department but we also offer individual courses, advice, e-learning packages and more. With our support your bespoke health and safety solution can be built and implemented for the benefit of your whole business.
Fife Health and Safety Experts
The health and safety Fife businesses benefit from is only as good as the experts behind it. We specialise in delivering our expertise in a range of ways to suit different businesses. Your Fife business will benefit from all it needs to successfully implement health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
Contact us today to find out more about the options for your Fife business.
Select an option below to find out how we can help your business:
Health & Safety Management Systems
- The Foundations in Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Policy
- Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Organising
- Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Planning
- Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Measuring, audit and review
Accident & Incident Reduction Management (RIDDOR)
It is a requirement under The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 that all accidents to employees or visitors are recorded and that accident records are retained for at least 3 Years.
- We provide consultation service to provide your organisation with an Accident & Incident Reduction Plan.
It is also worth thinking about the impact that a work-related injury could have on your department or team. For example, losing one employee for an extended period can have a dramatic impact on the workload and morale of the rest of the team.
By taking action to tackle the causes of accidents, near-misses, injury and poor health and safety in your workplace, you can prevent or reduce the impact of these problems on your organisation. The business case for health and safety (some of the more relevant case studies).
The moral/ethical case: For example tackling stress prevents ill health.
There is now convincing evidence that prolonged periods of stress, including work-related stress, have an adverse effect on health. Research provides strong links between stress and physical effects such as heart disease, back pain, headaches, gastrointestinal disturbances or various minor illnesses; and psychological effects such as anxiety and depression. Stress can also lead to other behaviours that are harmful to health, such as skipping meals, drinking too much caffeine or alcohol, or smoking.
Tackling the causes of stress before they lead to ill health can prevent this from happening.
Health & Safety Competent Persons
The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999’ require employers to appoint an adequate number of competent persons to assist them in complying with their obligations under the health & safety law, unless the employer has sufficient knowledge to comply without assistance.
Workplace Risk Assessments
We provide full and comprehensive risk assessments bespoke to all activities, people and departments. Examples being:
- Working with Computers (DSE)
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Manual Handling
- Expectant Mothers
- Chemicals (COSHH)
- Electrical Safety
- Lone Working
- Young Persons
- Working At Heights
- And so much more
Risk Assessments – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculo-skeletal hazards and risk control
- Work Equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
We will get your organisation ready for the new Globally Harmonized System of Classification & Labelling of Chemicals.
GHS is an internationally agreed-upon system, created by the United Nations. It is designed to replace the various classification and labelling standards used in different countries by using consistent criteria for classification & labelling on a global level.
It supersedes the relevant European Union (which has now implemented the United Nations’ GHS into EU Law).
The European Regulation on Classification, Labelling & Packaging of Substances and Mixtures came into force on 20 January 2009 in all EU Members States, including the UK. It is known by it’s abbreviated form, “The CLP Regulation” or just plain “CLP”.
The implementation process of “GHS” has already started and will run in parallel with the old CHIP system used in the UK until this point. This implementation of GHS into your Safety Data Sheets will be completed by 01st of June 2017, at which time the old system will have been phased out.
However, as manufacturers of chemicals will need to have the new “GHS” in place by 01st of June 2015, you will soon see more and more of the new “GHS” Safety Data Sheets.
Fire Risk Assessments
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
- In Scotland, requirements on general fire safety are covered in Part 3 of the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, supported by the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
- Fire Bill (Scotland) Act 2005 requires separate assessment of this risk
Directors and Managers:
- Are you not sure what your obligations are and not sure how to implement Health & Safety in your workplace.
- Do you have Health & Safety in-place but wonder why it’s failing and is it giving you a headache?
Well let us consult for you and engage with you and your employees to establish where you need help through an effective Health & Safety Management Plan.
Win contracts through effective tendering
- Ever wonder why you are not winning contracts?
- Have you thought about your organisation applying for contracts?
- We help you Win Contracts through our Systems that we can put in place for you
- We help you prepare for Tenders through effective PQQ’s. (Pre-Qualification Questions). Improve your Scores in PQQ’s.
- We get your organisation ready for CHAS Accreditation (Contractors Health & Safety Scheme)
- We get your organisation ready for Safe Contractor Scheme
- We get your organisation ready for ISO
Health & Safety - Provision of Information
Employers are required to provide employees with comprehensible and relevant information on the risks to health and safety identified by the risk assessments and on the preventative and protective measures employed. An effective way to do this is through Health & Safety Committee meetings.